Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ben and Music



Ever since he was a newborn, Ben has enjoyed listening to music. As we were eating dinner tonight I was thinking about how his tastes have changed. As a little baby he liked mellow music and most of the time it soothed him enough to put him to sleep. I remember many evenings walking around the kitchen with him during the "witching hour" listening to Jack Johnson. When he got a little older we used to have "Dance Party" when he got fussy. I would wear him in his carrier and we would dance around the kitchen (and if we were lucky Daddy would sing the "Foo Foo" song). He thought it was hilarious.

About a month ago I was listening to a Pandora channel and "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz came on. Ben started clapping and had a huge smile on his face. When it switched to a slow song he started to complain. The next song was "Evacuate the Dance Floor" by Cascada and again he started clapping. Those songs are now on my iPod and Ben gets so excited when they come on! He especially likes the first line of "Dynamite"..."I came to dance dance dance dance".

And because it feels weird to put a blog post up with no pictures, here is Ben walking around the kitchen on Sunday looking through the purple gladware lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment