Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bye Bye Bottles

Ben has primarily been drinking out of a sippy cup for months now but I was still giving him a bottle with milk before each nap. I wasn't in a big hurry to get rid of them since I knew they helped soothe him. I had 18 months as a deadline in the back of my mind and I wanted to get through our holiday trips first. Ben's been doing so well with his naps lately I figured I might as well try to take the bottle away. So the past 2 days I've given him a sippy cup with milk at naptime. Honestly, he doesn't seem to notice the difference so I think we are officially done with bottles. It makes me a little sad that I gave him his last bottle on Sunday afternoon and didn't even realize that was the last one. I do remember it though because he was so cute while he was drinking it. He held the bottle in one hand and was gently playing with my hair with his other hand.

Ben still only has 1 official word (Dada/Daddy), but in the past week or so he's been babbling a lot more and he's saying something that sounds a lot like "I did it". I caught it on video with my phone this morning so I'll post it later. I'm not sure he realizes what he's saying, but he does seem to say it at appropriate times so maybe he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment